UK based developer and supplier of marine electrical fittings Index Marine announces the launch of white plastic waterproof glands, complementing its current range of finishes which include polished stainless steel and anodised aluminium. The bright white finish is ideally matched to today’s composite material finishes used on boat decks and superstructure, as well as giving an updated look to retrofits and restorations.
Moulded in UV-stabilised white plastic, the glands have passed independent UV exposure testing meeting the requirements of the marine industry. All Index Marine waterproof cable glands are also independently tested to IP-68 standard.
The entire range of Index marine glands available in white is shown below:
- SE1W Side-entry gland for up to 7mm cables
- SE5W Side-entry gland for up to 9mm cables
- SE6W Side-entry Gland for up to 12mm cables
- SE7W Side-entry gland for up dual 6mm cables
- DG8PW Top-entry gland for up to 8mm cables
- DG20PW Top-entry gland for up to 14mm cables – customisable cable hole
- DG21PW Top-entry gland for up to 4.5-9mm cables
- DG22PW Top-entry gland for up to 9-14mm cables
- DG30PW Top-entry gland for multiple cables
- DG40PW Top-entry gland for multiple cables
- DG45PW Top-entry gland for up to 15mm cables – large connector pass-through
With a wide range of installation options and catering for all commonly used cable and connector sizes, Index Marine glands are easy to install, look great, and assure waterproof cabling in the harshest of environments. As well as marine applications they are ideal for use on motorhomes (RVs), caravans, and buildings where antennae, solar panels, and other electrical devices are mounted on the exterior and cabling needs to pass into the cabin.
Index Marine White Glands can be purchased online, or through our distribution network. In small quantities, the cost of a white IP68 gland ranges from £7 to £16 depending on size, and for high volume requirements, contact Index Marine directly for pricing.